Wednesday 29 April 2015

[Laura Loves] Equestrian Themed Living Rooms

I love interior design! I can spend hours on pinterest, on home design websites and reading related magazines (Style at Home, Your Home and Home) are my favourites. In fact, I often debate whether I want my own Event & Wedding business or my own Interior Design business (both equestrian/country themed) in the future. 

Below are a couple of equestrian themed lounge/living room ideas that I like. I cannot wait until I get my own place to decorate how I want and these give a great basis. I really like that they are quite minimalistic (in a way) but still inject that bit of personality. 


Image Source: Pinterest

I really like how minimalistic this idea is. The canvas stands out against the brown/copper wall and goes well with the black leather sofa and white foot stool. It all works really well together and whilst a brown wall might sound kind of hideous, it's actually really nice! I think it's in part to do with the monochrome feel of the rest of it! I think this is one which will work in a smaller space as it's clean and simple, making the space seem bigger than what it may actually be. 

Image Source: Pinterest
This one is slightly more opposite than the one above! This one has a rather 'grand' feel to it and I can imagine it in a rather large stately house/mansion type of place! However, I like how it all ties in together with the grey background on the canvas matching the grey seats as well as the grey horse matching the white details on the chairs. The chandelier also adds to the feel of the room and it looks like a nice airy space with the canvas making a statement without being too over the top. 

Image Source: Pinterest
This one is my absolute favourite!! I think it's the cosy feel it has about it with the white cushions and throws as well as the glass table making it all work together nicely. The two smaller canvas' work well with the large horse canvas and I love the colour scheme. I really want a grey colour scheme when I get my own place as well as a corner sofa so this would definitely be something that I would base my ideas on. The horse canvas is gorgeous, I love the look of the texture of it (cannot think how to describe it so apologies if that makes no sense) and the colours work well with the rest of the room. 

Keep an eye our for more equestrian themed interiors (there are a lot of bedroom ideas!) as well as some posts on little decorative pieces. 

Thanks for reading,
Laura xx

4 comments:

  1. I love interiors, and I love horses too - combining the two is too good for words and so LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, just like me then! I'm glad you liked it! I'm hoping to do a few more shortly as well :) x

      Delete
  2. I love seeing equestrian touches in home decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! some are a bit ott for me as I prefer more subtle touches or a canvas :) I always lust over large images on sale at horse events!

      Delete