Sunday 26 April 2015

The Clare Balding Show [21.04.15]



On Tuesday, I drove down to London with my nephew to head to the BT Studios for the recording of the Claire Balding Show which featured the guests Charlotte Dujardin, Victoria Pendleton and AP McCoy. I can honestly say it was one of the greatest evenings ever! 

The BT studios are unbelievable! They are situated in the Olympic Park which I've never been to and we could have easily made a day of it but Pea had the vet in the morning. The reception/waiting area of the studios have a cafe, table tennis, table football and pool table so there's things to do whilst you wait. There's also regular shuttle buses that run to and from the BT studios to Westfield shopping centre which is where I parked and easy to navigate so BT really do make it a good, easy experience!

We arrived a bit early just to ensure we could find our way and everything so had about a half hour wait in which I checked in my bag and then just hung around to wait before being called to go through to the studio where The Clare Balding show is filmed. The studio is incredible! It looks good one the television but it is so much better in real life! It's absolutely huge and the colours are so nice - literally like my ideal studio if I had one! The crew were helpful and friendly and Clare Balding is just so lovely! She really interacted with the audience beforehand and everyone made everyone feel really welcomed and valued. 

I wish I could have taken more photos because the whole experience was so good! I definitely recommend everyone to go along to a recording! My nephew isn't interested in horses to be honest but he reassures me that he did actually enjoy himself (I think Victoria Pendleton had a helping hand in that though!!). The whole show was really informative and it's such a shame that so much is cut out to make it into the half hour show for BBC 2 as a lot of information was given during the recording (I don't have BT Sport so don't know what it was like on there). 

Overall I would definitely think about going again, just maybe try and get closer to the front as there were a couple of tall people in front of me making me have limited viewing which is a slight shame! 

Thanks for reading,
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment