Saturday 25 April 2015

#ThanksAP



Following McCoy's last ever ride at Sandown today I thought I'd just write a little post :) 

As many of you probably know, McCoy is one of the top jump jockey's of all time and he retires having been crowned champion jockey for the 20th year! He has also ridden 4,348 winners, broken nearly every bone in his body, won BBC Sport Personality of the Year (2010) and won nearly every major NH race including the Grand National and Cheltenham Gold Cup. 

I had the honour of seeing him on The Clare Balding Show when I went to London to see it filmed on Tuesday (blog post to go up tomorrow) and it was amazing to hear about his life and his plans for the future. He is so modest about his career, despite all his accolades and achievements but there were also many entertaining stories that he shared! (I personally think he'd make a great presenter!)

AP's retirement is a huge loss to the racing industry but I wish him all the best for the future! 

#thanksAP! 

Thanks for reading,
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment