Saturday 17 January 2015

Productivity

Hello!

This is a slightly different post but it's relate-able all the same! I was recently contacted by Madie at Kabbage to write a blog post featuring my top 5 tips for productivity for the coming year. As it's January and the time many of us make New Years resolutions or goals that we want to achieve over the year, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to share with you some of my tips for getting the most out of your year! I will be the first to admit that I procrastinate so much that if I got paid for it, I would be rather rich by now! I have such a short concentration span the majority of the time and I cannot devote too long to doing the same task so by following some of my own tips (and others I've found from various places) it helps me to at least get something out of my day! 



#1: Writing Lists!
I am one of those people who loves lists! I have so many notebooks for different things and you will find little lists dotted around here, there and everywhere! I have a little blue notebook which is my 'to-do notebook' and each week I will write down things I need to do over the week such as what blog posts to write, if I need to book any appointments, if I need to buy/order feed, etc. I also have another notebook for writing down blog post ideas. This year I really want to try and blog more often as I feel my blog has improved over the past 6 months and I would love for it to continue to grow. I understand that not everyone likes lists, so obviously this tip won't work for you if you're not a list person but I personally love the satisfaction of ticking things off once they are complete!

#2: Mix Things Up!
As I mentioned before, I switch off if I have to do the same task for too long unless I genuinely love it! So, to make it easier and ensure that I don't switch off I will either have a break or move onto a different task for a bit before returning. This ensures that the task will get completed in a shorter time, even if it doesn't sound like it, and will also be completed to a better standard (I hope!) as if I try to do the same thing for ages I will just ramble and not put as much effort into it. 

#3: Share Your Goals!
By telling other people what you want to achieve it will help give you more motivation to try and achieve the goal as well as giving you support if you hit a rough patch. There are some goals that you might not want to share or you may feel that people might snub your goal. However, this quote I found on Pinterest is a great one to keep in mind if anyone does doubt you!


#4: Quotes!
Again, this might not be one for everyone, however nothing motivates me more than finding some good quotes on Pinterest. You can then print these out and stick them anywhere and everywhere - on your desk, in your diary, at the side of your bed, etc. I love a good quote and they can really help me to get into gear if I'm having a sticky moment! If you want more quotes feel free to follow my board on Pinterest - words of wisdom :)

#5: Take a Break!
Last and probably one of the most important is to remember to take a break and relax! Don't feel that you need to spend hours trying to achieve a goal because if you do you will soon begin to resent that goal and find it harder to achieve! So remember to take a step back if things don't go to plan and do something different for a while to clear your head. Trust me, you'll feel so much better when you return to what you were trying to do before! 

Hope these help!

Thanks for reading,
Laura xx

PS. If you want some more information on Kabbage feel free to visit their website (link above). They are a company who provide small business loans online to help start up entrepreneurs get that step closer to achieving their goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment