Monday 1 April 2013

Let's be Charitable :)

Hello! Apologies for the lack of posts lately! I haven't been doing much with Pea as his saddle doesn't fit him properly so I'm waiting to get it checked as I don't want to do too much and possibly make things worse (I do get rather paranoid!) I've also been really busy with University having two projects to carry out and an exam to revise for! Oh and there's the ever looming dissertation which I have to start planning for!

Anyway, I have decided to write this blog post as this Sunday (7th) I am joining Claire Lomas on her pre-cycle challenge around Rutland Water. I don't know what I have let myself in for seeing as it's either 18 or 26 miles and I have not cycled in ages! However, it's for a good cause, supporting Claire and Spinal Research as she aims to try and find a cure or further help for paralysis. I believe this is such a great cause, and I sincerely hope that one day there is something that can be done to help paralysis as it can tear people's live apart. Claire has come shown that paralysis is not something to let ruin your lives and she has done so well, completing the London Marathon in 2012 with a robotic suit and winning numerous awards such as the Helen Rollason award for inspiration and Tesco's Courageous Mum of the year award. I am also, hopefully, joining Claire on the beginning of her 400mile cycle, along with my University, as she sets off from Nottingham to Loughborough on the 22nd, so if you're in the area (outside Nottingham Trent City campus) come and see her start!

I hope to do other things for charity, such as finally persuading my yard/riding club to run a charity show which I have tried before to no avail! 

Do you guys do anything for charity? 

Bye!
Laura & Pea x

No comments:

Post a Comment